Tuesday, October 7, 2014

30 lb Gas tanks
How can I tell how much gas is left in them? I asked this of our local hardware store guy ...I felt a bit silly as I think that this may be common knowledge to most campers. I had tried a thermometer strip (that you can put against the tank) but that didn't work very well. The hardware guy said "Just weigh them".
A 30lb bottle should weigh right around 27 pounds  empty and 57 pounds full.
you can weigh them on a bathroom scale, but I just took my archery scale out to the camper and used that .......  perfect!  and easy!

2 comments:

  1. Watch this video ar https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3t6skrZchvU ...basically use hot water dumped on side of tank to measure propane left.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Bill ..... I have heard about that method too, jut forgot it :) I'll give that one a try too. It would be a little easier than undoing the tank and lifting it.
    Happy Camping
    Ranald

    ReplyDelete