Friday, September 26, 2014

A New Junction Box
The battery box and connections for our Aliner are under the left front seat, as with most Expedition models, the only way to get in to check the battery was to lift the seat cushions, then the seat base, then take off the battery box cover. My wife and I had decided to put in an additional 12v hanging lamp over the sink, so we needed a switch, some wire, and a connection to the battery. I  decided to add a junction box in the locker where the battery is housed. I made two small terminals that protrude from this box and can easily be reached with my test meter through the outside door to that locker. I bolted two short sections of a breaker panel ground bar into the box, one to take connections to the hot side of the battery and one to the ground side. I ran the supply for the new lamp from this junction box to a switch below the left front of the sink front, then up to the lamp (see future post.). So far this arrangement works great for a quick test of the battery or to connect a charger.




No comments:

Post a Comment